Native American Homeownership Initiative
Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $105 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 24,000 families with the purchase of a home.
In 2018, FHLB Des Moines members may receive up to $150,000 through the Native American Homeownership Initiative to provide down payment and closing cost assistance for eligible homeowners on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability.
Households with total income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income may be eligible to receive up to $10,000. At least one adult member of the household being assisted must be an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe, a member or shareholder of an Alaska Village or Regional Corporation, or Native Hawaiian eligible to reside on Hawaiian Home Lands.
Why participate in the Native American Homeownership Initiative?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance