Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $123.5 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 28,000 families with the purchase of a home.
Through our Native American Homeownership Initiative, eligible households may receive up to $15,000 for down payment and closing cost assistance.
Native American Homeownership Initiative (NAHI) funds are available for FHLB Des Moines members. NAHI funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to availability.
Additional funds were added on July 1, 2020 and will continue to be added throughout the year based on the schedule below.
Why participate in the Native American Homeownership Initiative?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance