Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $135 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 29,900 families with the purchase of a home.
Through our Native American Homeownership Initiative (NAHI), eligible households may receive up to $15,000 for down payment and closing cost assistance.
As of August 10, 2020, NAHI funds have been depleted.
Check back frequently as funds may become available as reservations are withdrawn.
Additional funds will be added throughout the year based on the schedule below. The next funding date is on October 1, 2020.
Why participate in the Native American Homeownership Initiative?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance