Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $135 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 29,900 families with the purchase of a home.
Through our Native American Homeownership Initiative (NAHI), eligible households may receive up to $15,000 for down payment and closing cost assistance.
Why participate in the Native American Homeownership Initiative?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance