Our Privacy Pledge
Information security is one of the highest priorities for FHLB Des Moines. FHLB Des Moines will not use or disclose nonpublic personal information of consumers unless the law permits it. FHLB Des Moines has instituted appropriate administrative, technical and physical procedures designed to reasonably:
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of nonpublic personal consumer information;
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information.
We strive to be transparent about how we collect and use your information, to keep your information secure, and to provide you meaningful choices. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand what information FHLB DES MOINES (“us,” “our” or “we”) collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. This Notice applies to this FHLB DES MOINES website.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and some other state laws provide you with fundamental rights. Due to our commitment to privacy, we have extended those data subject rights to persons in all jurisdictions.
1) Right to be forgotten (“Right to Erasure”)
This right provides you with the ability to ask for the deletion of your data. This will generally apply to situations where a customer relationship has ended. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right and depends on our retention schedule and retention period in line with other applicable laws.
2) Right to know how we are processing your information (“Right to Information”)
This right provides that you may ask us for information about what personal data is being processed and the rationale for such processing. For example, you may ask for the list of processors with whom we share your personal data.
3) Right to view the information we have collected about you (“Right to Access”)
This right provides you with the ability to get access to your personal data that is being processed. This request provides the you with the right to see or view your own personal data, as well as to request copies of the personal data.
4) Right to rectification
This right provides you with the ability to ask for modifications to your personal data in case you believe that this personal data is not up to date or not accurate.
5) Right to withdraw consent
This right provides you with the ability to withdraw a previously given consent for processing of your personal data for a purpose.
6) Right to object to processing your information (“Right to object”)
This right allows you to object to certain types of data processing. These are:
- Direct marketing
- The processing of personal data for statistical purposes related to historical or scientific research
- The processing of data for tasks in the public interest
- The exercising of official authority invested in you
- Objections to data processing in yours or a third party’s legitimate interest
- Objections to data processing based on your own beliefs and situations
7) Right to data portability
This right provides you with the ability to ask for transfer of your personal data. As part of such request, you may ask for your personal data to be provided back to you in a machine-readable electronic format or, if technically feasible, transferred to another service provider.
8) Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right, at any time, to direct us (as a business that collects sensitive personal information about you) to limit our use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform the services expected.
Who can make a rights request, and how?
A rights request can be made by you or your legal representative,
By clicking here: email@example.com
Information Collection and Use
We may collect and combine information when you interact with FHLB DES MOINES including:
- Information You Provide to Us. We may collect the information that you provide to us, such as:
- When you create an account with us. (Please note, when you use our Services, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed into our Services.) FHLB DES MOINES may use device IDs, cookies, and other attributes, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
- FHLB DES MOINES analyzes and stores your actions. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
- Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our Services and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices and Services. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
- Location Information. We collect location information from a variety of sources in order make your user experience better. You may visit the location settings tool on your device to make adjustments.
Your browser offers so-called "cookies" which – if you allow their use – store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our websites. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. And when you re-visit our websites, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. However, cookies tell us nothing about you personally unless you specifically give us additional information.
Cookies used on our websites by category:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our websites.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies remember choices you made to improve your experience. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the websites to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, note that if you reject some or all cookies, your experience at our websites and on other sites throughout the World Wide Web may not be complete. Some sites require cookies to function, such as those with e-commerce features. In addition, if you do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of personalized content delivery offered by us or other Internet sites.
How We Use This Information
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information we have about you (including information we receive on and off our Services) to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in. We also may use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
- Analyze your content.
- Fulfill your Data Subject Access Requests when authorized by you.
- Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
- Contact you with information about your account or with marketing messages.
- Associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across FHLB DES MOINES Services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID.
- Carry out or support promotions.
- Conduct research and support innovation.
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized information.
- Provide advertising, search results, and other content.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
How We Share This Information
FHLB DES MOINES shares information we have about you for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to provide Services that you have requested. We do not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our customers with companies, organizations or individuals outside of FHLB DES MOINES unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of FHLB DES MOINES when we have your consent.
- With Partners. We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies who are:
- Trusted Partners. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us.
- Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, or other companies. For example, we may use aggregated data to report functionality of third-party products back to the service provider for their own purposes to enhance their products. When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of FHLB DES MOINES, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
- This may include responding to lawful governmental requests. .
- New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of FHLB DES MOINES changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
FHLB DES MOINES has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store.
Other Important Information
This Privacy Notice Applies Only to FHLB DES MOINES. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of companies that FHLB DES MOINES does not own or control, or to people that FHLB DES MOINES does not employ or manage.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, so you should check it periodically.
Questions & Suggestions