Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $105 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 24,000 families with the purchase of a home.
In 2018, FHLB Des Moines members may receive up to $500,000 through Home$tart® to provide down payment and closing cost assistance for eligible homeowners on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability.
Households with total income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income may be eligible to receive up to $5,000.
Why participate in Home$tart?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance