Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $142 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 30,000 families with the purchase of a home.
Through our Home$tart program, eligible households may receive up to $7,500 in down payment and closing cost assistance.
Why participate in Home$tart?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance