In 2023, FHLB Des Moines will provide a new matching grant program for members to strengthen communities in targeted areas of our district.
Up to $10,000,000 in Matching Funds Available
Through the Member Impact Fund, FHLB Des Moines will match up to $3 for every $1 of our member's grant donation to strengthen not-for-profit or government entity's ability to serve the affordable housing or community development needs of its community.
FHLB Des Moines will accept applications for the Member Impact Fund beginning March 1, 2023, through April 14, 2023. Only an FHLB Des Moines member financial institution may submit an application. The application is now available to download below.
Member Impact Fund awards will be announced in May 2023. Grant funds will be distributed directly to the member to provide alongside their matching grant for their partner organization.
How it Works
Get Started with an Eligible Partner Organization
- Identify a not-for-profit organization or government entity located in an eligible area of the FHLB Des Moines district your institution would like to provide with a grant donation.
- Partner organization must be located in Hawaii, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam or the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Recipient organization has a need for grant funding to support capacity building or working capital necessary to strengthen their ability to serve affordable housing or community development needs. For example:
- predevelopment assistance
- management information systems and/or software
- strategic planning
- market study or community needs assessment
- working capital
Questions about eligibility or use of funds? Reach out to: email@example.com.
Submit an Application
Applications will be accepted March 1 - April 14, 2023.
FHLB Des Moines member institutions submit completed applications to FHLB Des Moines.
Please include documentation of partner organization's status (i.e. 501(c)(3).)
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX: 515.699.1270
Grant funds provided through the Member Impact Fund cannot be used for any grants that the member has already awarded to an eligible organization.
Award Disbursement Process
Awards announced on or around May 1, 2023 - all members who submit a Member Impact Fund grant application will be notified of their award status and grant amount1.
Member Impact Fund grants are posted to the member's Demand Deposit Account (DDA).
Member provides the full amount of the Member Impact Fund grant and their matching grant donation to the grantee.
- Grantees will verify receipt of the Member Impact Fund grant and the match from the FHLB Des Moines member.
1At the end of the application period, FHLB Des Moines will review all applications for eligibility. If the total amount requested by eligible applications exceeds the amount available for the Member Impact Fund, FHLB Des Moines will allocate the Member Impact Fund on a prorated basis.