Income Limits and Purchase Price Limits
Income limits and purchase price limits are in effect until superseded by an update from FHLB Des Moines. Applicable limits and effective dates are indicated below. For additional assistance, please call the Community Investment Department at 800.544.3452, ext. 2400.
HUD Income Limits
HUD Income Guidelines are for use in rental or homeownership projects. In the tables Very Low Income is defined as 50 percent of Area Median Income (AMI) and Low Income as 80 percent of AMI. Per HUD guidelines, 60 percent of AMI is calculated by multiplying the Very Low Income limit by 1.20. Limits are effective April 1, 2018.
NAHASDA Income Limits
Native American Housing and Self Determination Act (NAHASDA) income limits are for use in homeownership and rental projects for households eligible for NAHASDA assistance from a Tribally Designated Housing Authority (enrolled members of American Indian or Alaska Native tribes), or Native Hawaiians eligible for Title VIII-Housing Assistance (Native Hawaiians who reside on Hawaiian Home Lands). The attached document provides limits for the United States and for areas of Alaska. For Hawaii, use the United States limit. Limits shown in the attached document are 80% of AMI. For competitive AHP projects that targeted 50% or 60% of AMI, inquire with the Bank on applicable limits. Limits are effective May 11,2018.
Maximum Purchase Price Limits
State Mortgage Revenue Bond Maximum Purchase Price Limits for non-targeted areas are for use with homeownership projects.
- Alaska (PDF) Effective May 24, 2018
- Guam, Northern Marianas, American Samoa (PDF) Effective with IRS Rev. Proc. 2017-14
- Hawaii (PDF) Effective April 6, 2017
- Idaho (PDF) Effective April 24, 2018
- Iowa (PDF) Effective June 29, 2017
- Minnesota (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Missouri (PDF) Effective May 3, 2018
- Montana (PDF) Effective January 29, 2018
- North Dakota (PDF) Effective May 1, 2018
- Oregon (PDF) Effective May 3, 2018
- South Dakota (PDF) Effective July 25, 2013
- Utah (PDF) Effective May 31, 2018
- Washington (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Wyoming (PDF) Effective April 5, 2018