Selection Process for Board of Directors
How are FHLB Des Moines board members selected?
- Member directors must be officers or directors of Des Moines Bank member institutions.
- Independent directors are required to have knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: auditing and accounting, derivatives, financial management, organizational management, product development, risk management practices or the law.
- Public interest directors are required to have at least four years experience representing consumer or community interests on banking services, credit needs, housing or financial services protections.
While directors generally serve a four-year term on the Bank’s board, some may serve shorter terms to ensure that approximately one-fourth of the terms expire each year. All directors serve on one or more of the Bank’s board committees:
- Executive and Governance Committee
- Audit Committee
- Business Operations and Technology Committee
- Housing and Community Investment Committee
- Human Resources and Compensation Committee
- Member and Finance Committee
- Risk Committee
View our Board of Directors