FHLB Des Moines Announces 2024 Affordable Housing Advisory Council Appointments
last updated on Friday, December 8, 2023 in Community News
On November 16, 2023, the Housing and Community Investment Committee of the Federal Home Loan Bank Des Moines (FHLB Des Moines) Board of Directors appointed three new individuals and re-appointed two individuals to the FHLB Des Moines Affordable Housing Advisory Council (Advisory Council). The members are selected for their knowledge and experience providing or promoting affordable housing and community economic development within the FHLB Des Moines district. The Advisory Council is made up of 15 diverse members representing a variety of community-based and not-for-profit organizations.
The role of the Advisory Council is to advise the FHLB Des Moines Board of Directors about the affordable housing and community lending needs of the Bank’s district.
- Sunny Shaw, Idaho – Executive Director of Twin Falls and Jerome Housing Authorities
- Lance Henning, Iowa – CEO of Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Don Sterhan, Montana – President and CEO of CR Builders, LLC
- Heather Piper, Hawaii – Executive Director of Hawaii Community Reinvestment Corp
- Brent Ekstrom, North Dakota – Executive Director of Lewis & Clark Development Group
“I am thrilled with the addition and the re-appointment of the five mentioned individuals. Each bring a depth of expertise and experience that enriches the existing Advisory Council,” said Jennifer Ernst, Director of Community Investment. “We are fortunate to have such a diverse Advisory Council that provides valuable perspectives and insights about ways FHLB Des Moines can support the affordable housing and community development needs in its district.”
For a full list of the FHLB Des Moines Advisory Council members, please visit our website.