FHLB Des Moines Announces Partnership with NAMMBA
posted on Monday, March 25, 2019 in Business News
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines (FHLB Des Moines or the Bank) is pleased to announce a partnership with the National Association of Minority Mortgage Bankers of America (NAMMBA). NAMMBA, a 21-chapter trade organization dedicated to increasing the engagement of women and minorities in the mortgage industry.
Through this partnership, which aligns with the Bank's commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, FHLB Des Moines members will have access to opportunities for education, career development and resources such as:
- Training Webinars:
- Best Practices for Reaching Millennial and Diverse Homebuyers
- Critical Diversity-related Topics Facing the Mortgage Industry
- Complimentary NAMMBA membership ($35 savings per employee)
- Discounted registration for NAMMBA Leadership Academy ($1,295 rather than the regular price of $1,595)
- Discounted pricing for NAMMBA Consulting services focused on:
- Diversity training (including development of Employee Resource Groups)
- Sales training Diversity recruiting
NAMMBA founder and CEO Tony Thompson was a guest speaker at the 2019 FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Conference and lead a discussion around growing diversity in the mortgage industry.
"The home ownership needs of increasingly diverse populations are best served by the experience, skills, and insight of diverse industry professionals," said Dan Mahlum, senior vice president and director of mortgage programs, FHLB Des Moines. "Our members can now tap into NAMMBA resources to help strengthen their workforce and prepare employees to meet the needs of their unique communities."