Our Commitment to Development
We hire top talent at FHLB Des Moines – that’s why you’re here!
Professional development is a lifelong journey, and it’s important that you’re provided the resources and time needed to make the most of your career.
At the Bank, you can take charge of your professional development in a variety of ways, including:
- Our Online Learning Center
- Conferences and external learning opportunities
- Continuing Professional Education credits
- Meetings, seminars and presentations
- Bank councils and committees
- Business Resource Groups
- Monthly leader meetings
Our Development Philosophy:
The Bank is committed to attracting, engaging, retaining and rewarding employees.
We want employees to be successful — at the Bank and on their career path.
We provide employees with knowledge and tools to:
- Carry out their job responsibilities
- Contribute to the Bank’s strategic goals
- Help strengthen our culture
- Expand their own possibilities
As an employee, you drive your career development and growth. Where do you want to grow? How do you want to achieve your goals? The Bank encourages the 70/20/10 model for employee development to find the right balance:
- 70% is on the job: Problem solving, taking on new tasks or leading a project
- 20% is near the job: Through relationships formed through feedback, networking, learning communities and mentoring
- 10% is off the job: Formal training, conferences, online courses and professional certification
Ready to develop? We’re ready to help!