Affordable Housing Advisory Council Application Form
Through Friday, July 2, 2021, FHLB Des Moines is accepting applications for three open Affordable Housing Advisory Council (Advisory Council) positions:
- One position is designated to represent the affordable housing and/or community lending needs in Missouri
- The second is designated to represent the affordable housing and/or community lending needs of Native communities
- The third is designated to represent the affordable housing and/or community lending needs of the FHLB Des Moines district
The term of service for new Advisory Council members will begin on January 1, 2022 and conclude on December 31, 2024.
- All Advisory Council applicants must represent community and nonprofit organizations actively involved in providing or promoting low- and moderate-income housing or community lending in the Bank's district; community organizations include for-profit organizations
- Applicants for the Advisory Council position designated for Missouri must reside in that state
- Applicants for the two at-large Advisory Council positions must reside in the 13-state FHLB Des Moines district
- Applicants are not eligible to serve on the Advisory Council if they are an employee or a member of the Board of Directors for a FHLB Des Moines member financial institution
- Appointed Advisory Council members remain eligible to use FHLB Des Moines Community Investment products, including the Competitive Affordable Housing Program (AHP) and down payment assistance products consisting of Home$tart® and the Native American Homeownership Initiative (NAHI)
Diversity and Inclusion
FHLB Des Moines is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in its activities, including the Advisory Council. We are committed to seeking Advisory Council representation reflective of the communities our members serve and we strongly encourage minorities, women and indigenous individuals to apply. Please refer to our Diversity and Inclusion page for additional information.
Roles and Expectations
- The Advisory Council meets at least quarterly with the FHLB Des Moines Board of Directors to provide advice on ways the Bank may carry out its housing finance and community investment mission, which includes, among other things, recommendations for policies governing the Bank's Affordable Housing Program (AHP) and its down payment assistance products
- For example, the Advisory Council provides recommendations for the Bank's AHP Implementation Plan, which sets forth requirements such as:
- Competitive AHP scoring criteria, eligibility requirements and feasibility guidelines
- Allocation of funds among Competitive AHP, Home$tart and NAHI
- Maximum award amounts for Competitive AHP, Home$tart and NAHI
- Program requirements for Home$tart and NAHI
- The Advisory Council also provides recommendations for the Bank's Targeted Community Lending Plan, which:
- Describes how the Bank will address unmet credit needs and market opportunities for targeted community lending in its 13-state district
- Identifies significant affordable housing needs in the Bank's district that will be addressed through AHP
- FHLB Des Moines covers Advisory Council member travel expenses associated with attendance at these meetings
- Advisory Council members are expected to attend all Advisory Council meetings held during their term
Advisory Council Application Form
Important: Progress on the application form below cannot be saved and continued later. Please have all the necessary information and responses prepared prior to completing the form.
- Responses to all questions denoted with a star are required
- Resumes and/or biographies are encouraged
- Letters of Endorsement are optional
- For questions, contact Jennifer Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.412.2756
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, July 2, 2021
All fields marked with * are required.