Since 1990, FHLB Des Moines has awarded $105 million in down payment and closing cost assistance to help more than 24,000 families with the purchase of a home.
In 2018, FHLB Des Moines members may receive up to $100,000 through Home$tart® Plus to provide down payment and closing cost assistance for eligible homeowners on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability.
Households with total income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income who receive public rental assistance or public housing assistance at the time of home purchase may be eligible for up to $10,000.
Why participate in Home$tart Plus?
- Meet Community Reinvestment Act objectives to serve low- to moderate-income households
- Provide grants to expand market share or increase penetration in existing markets
- Improve loan-to-value ratios on mortgage loans
- Build community goodwill
- Promote your corporate brand
- Help families in your community realize their homeownership dreams by providing down payment and closing cost assistance