Affordable Housing Advisory Council Nominations
Through Friday, February 14, 2020, FHLB Des Moines is accepting nominations for an Affordable Housing Advisory Council (Advisory Council) member to represent the state of Utah.
The term of service for the new Advisory Council member will end on December 31, 2021.
Please review the eligibility criteria and expectations below before submitting a nomination form.
- Reside in Utah and represent community and nonprofit organizations actively involved in providing or promoting low- and moderate-income housing and community lending.
- Employees and directors representing FHLB Des Moines member financial institutions are not eligible to serve on the Advisory Council.
- Appointed Advisory Council members remain eligible to use FHLB Des Moines Community Investment products, including the Competitive Affordable Housing Program (AHP) and down payment assistance programs (Home$tart and the Native American Homeownership Initiative).
Diversity and Inclusion
FHLB Des Moines is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all Bank activities, including its Advisory Council. Please refer to our Diversity and Inclusion page for additional information.
Roles and Expectations
- The Advisory Council meets at least quarterly with the FHLB Des Moines Board of Directors to provide advice on ways the Bank may carry out its housing finance and community investment mission, which includes, among other things, recommendations for policies governing the Bank's AHP and down payment assistance products.
- FHLB Des Moines covers Advisory Council member travel expenses associated with attendance at these meetings.
- Advisory Council members are expected to attend substantially all Advisory Council meetings held during their term.
Important: Progress on the nomination form below cannot be saved and continued later. Please have all of the necessary information and responses prepared prior to completing and submitting the form.
- Nominees are required to respond to all questions denoted with a star
- Letters of Endorsement are optional
- For questions, contact Jennifer Ernst at email@example.com or 515.412.2756
The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, February 14, 2020