News and Resources
We pride ourselves on being a readily available and reliable source of liquidity in all economic environments. Please know that we remain dedicated to meeting the needs of members through these challenging and unusual times. Click here for an overview of all pandemic-related member and community support through May 2020.
- We are accepting Paycheck Protection Program loans as collateral.
- We have temporarily adjusted our eligibility guidelines on pledged collateral to align with our member financial institutions who are implementing loan forbearance or loan modifications agreements for their borrowers, including the acceptance of agreements executed with electronic signatures.
Funding and Advance Products
- We have created a Paycheck Protection Program resource to help you evaluate your funding options.
- With short-term FHLB Des Moines advances are at their lowest level in years, take advantage of our strategies tools and resources when considering your funding options.
- The temporary expansion of our Community Investment Advance (CIA) product to accept loans from Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)-eligible entities expired on December 31, 2020.
Reminder: Don't forget, you can process most advance transactions (under $15 million) online through eAdvantage.
Mortgage Partnership Finance® (MPF®) Products
For COVID-19 related updates regarding the MPF program, please visit the MPF Provider website. For questions about how these changes impact the products offered by FHLB Des Moines, contact our mortgage team.
“Mortgage Partnership Finance” and “MPF” are registered trademarks of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago. The “MPF Mortgage Partnership Finance” logo is a trademark of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago.
Please refer to the list of contacts below if you have questions.