At Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines, we are closely monitoring developments around coronavirus (COVID-19). This page will be used to provide updates and resources to our members during this time of need.
Latest Updates and Announcements
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- We are now able to accept Paycheck Protection Program loans as collateral. Learn more.
Monday, May 18, 2020
- The per member limit for our special advance offering has been increased to $60 million. See details.
Monday, May 11, 2020
- The application deadline for our Competitive Affordable Housing Program has been extended to June 15, 2020. Learn more.
News and Resources
We pride ourselves on being a readily available and reliable source of liquidity in all economic environments. Please know that we remain dedicated to meeting the needs of members through these challenging and unusual times.
- We are accepting Paycheck Protection Program loans as collateral.
- We have temporarily adjusted our eligibility guidelines on pledged collateral to align with our member financial institutions who are implementing loan forbearance or loan modifications agreements for their borrowers, including the acceptance of agreements executed with electronic signatures.
Funding and Advance Products
Reminder: Don't forget, you can process most advance transactions (under $15 million) online through eAdvantage.
Mortgage Partnership Finance® (MPF®) Products
For COVID-19 related updates regarding the MPF program, please visit the MPF Provider website. For questions about how these changes impact the products offered by FHLB Des Moines, contact our mortgage team.
“Mortgage Partnership Finance” and “MPF” are registered trademarks of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago. The “MPF Mortgage Partnership Finance” logo is a trademark of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago.
Affordable Housing Program
- The application deadline for the Competitive Affordable Housing Program has been extended to June 15, 2020 at 4:30 PM CT.
Please refer to the list of contacts below if you have questions.