Income Limits and Purchase Price Limits
Income limits and purchase price limits are in effect until superseded by an update from FHLB Des Moines. Applicable limits and effective dates are indicated below. For additional assistance, please call the Community Investment Department at 800.544.3452, ext. 1173.
HUD Income Limits
HUD Income Guidelines are for use in rental or homeownership projects. In the tables Very Low Income is defined as 50 percent of Area Median Income (AMI) and Low Income as 80 percent of AMI. Per HUD guidelines, 60 percent of AMI is calculated by multiplying the Very Low Income limit by 1.20. Limits are effective April 14, 2017.
NAHASDA Income Limits
Native American Housing and Self Determination Act (NAHASDA) income limits are for use in homeownership and rental projects for households eligible for NAHASDA assistance from a Tribally Designated Housing Authority (enrolled members of American Indian or Alaska Native tribes), or Native Hawaiians eligible for Title VIII-Housing Assistance (Native Hawaiians who reside on Hawaiian Home Lands). The attached document provides limits for the United States and for areas of Alaska. For Hawaii, use the United States limit. Limits shown in the attached document are 80% of AMI. For competitive AHP projects that targeted 50% or 60% of AMI, inquire with the Bank on applicable limits. Limits are effective May 18, 2017.
Mortgage Revenue Bond Income Limits
State Mortgage Revenue Bond Income Limits are for use with competitive homeownership projects approved by the Headquarters Office* in 2014 and prior years, as well as the Headquarters Office Homeownership Fund programs approved in 2015 and prior years. These limits may not be used for competitive projects making new applications or in other of the Bank's down payment assistance programs.
- Iowa MRB Limits (PDF) Effective June 3, 2016
- Minnesota MRB Limits (PDF) Effective May 11, 2015
- Missouri MRB Limits (PDF) Effective March 16, 2015
- North Dakota MRB Limits (PDF) Effective May 1, 2016
- South Dakota MRB Limits (PDF) Effective April 26, 2016
*The Headquarters Office programs were offered until December 31, 2015, to members in the following states: Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Maximum Purchase Price Limits
State Mortgage Revenue Bond Maximum Purchase Price Limits for non-targeted areas are for use with homeownership projects.
- Alaska (PDF) Effective May 16, 2017
- Guam, Northern Marianas, American Samoa (PDF) Effective with IRS Rev. Proc. 2016-18
- Hawaii (PDF) Effective April 6, 2017
- Idaho (PDF) Effective April 25, 2017
- Iowa (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Minnesota (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Missouri (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Montana (PDF) Effective June 6, 2016
- North Dakota (PDF)Effective June 1, 2016
- Oregon (PDF) Effective March 31, 2017
- South Dakota (PDF) Effective July 25, 2013
- Utah (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Washington (PDF) Effective April 18, 2017
- Wyoming (PDF) Effective July 16, 2016