You’ll frequently see FHLB Des Moines in the community, actively supporting cultural events that advance diversity and inclusion. In addition to our many employees who volunteer at these events, FHLB Des Moines is a sponsor of:
- Iowa Asian Alliance CelebrAsian (Opens in New Window)
An extraordinary spring event celebrating Iowa’s Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islander communities and their rich cultures.
- Capital City Pride Festival (Opens in New Window)
Held in June, the Pride Festival promotes acceptance, tolerance and understanding of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community through education, programming and visibility.
- Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Multicultural Reception (Opens in New Window)
As a member, FHLB Des Moines is proud to support these quarterly events, which are designed to help local business and industry harness the power of inclusion.
- Latino Heritage Festival (Opens in New Window)
Iowa’s largest ethnic event, held in the fall, highlights musical entertainment, dancers, martial arts performers, Latin American foods and more.
- Each year, we give back through United Way of Central Iowa and Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity.
We also believe in helping develop talent throughout our community. For this reason, we are actively engaged in:
Des Moines Talent for the Future - Led by the Bank, a collective group of small and medium-sized businesses working to improve representation of women and minorities in the financial industry and in Des Moines.
- Partnership with area high schools - The Bank has partnered with a local high school to help sophomores, juniors and seniors understand the opportunities available in financial services. The Bank offers many on-site resources, including resume writing and interview skills, as well as summer internship opportunities.